Wednesday, May 2, 2007

My Rhapsody

For some strange reasons completely unknown to me I started scribbling contents into the formats of poem. I do not know if I am grammatically correct or even versed with the basic necessities of writing a poem. But as in any other case no body judges me. So being, my poems are born. Within whatever rules I can accept and within whatever less I know or have learnt I scribble these poems. There is too many “I”s in the previous sentence. Never mind them. Poet. You can catch a glimpse of my poetic thoughts and what they mean to me at www.narenbuzz.rediffblogs.com. I am currently in the process of integrating those poems into this current active blogspace of mine.

In this part which I would like to call “My Rhapsody” I am gonna try and translate a few English poems I had come across in my life. A few they are, being learnt mostly in school days. The translated and original versions may not cognate in each and every aspect, but sure will in its central theme. I would like to kick start this series with the poem of William Wordsworth.

The Daffodils
by:William Wordsworth

I wandered lonely as a cloud

That floats on high o'er vales and hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd,

A host, of golden daffodils;

Beside the lake, beneath the trees,

Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.


Continuous as the stars that shine

And twinkle on the milky way,

They stretched in never-ending line

Along the margin of the bay:

Ten thousand saw I at a glance,

Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.


The waves beside them danced; but they

Out-did the sparkling waves in glee

A poet could not but be gay,

In such a jocund company

I gazed -- and gazed -- but little thought

What wealth the show to me had brought:


For oft, when on my couch I lie

In vacant or in pensive mood,

They flash upon that inward eye

Which is the bliss of solitude;

And then my heart with pleasure fills,

And dances with the daffodils.

இனி தமிழில்

பூக்களின் பாக்கள்

ஆக்கம்: நரேந்திர பிரபு, 03-05-2007



விண் உலா வரு

முகவரி யில்லா முகிற்போல

வீண் உலா வரு நான்,

குளக்கரை யோரமாய்

காற்றின் இசைக்கு அசையும்

கவிண் மலர் கூட்டம்

கண்டேன்; கவித் தேன்.


வான மங்கை முகத்து

வனப்பு கூட்டும்

விண்மீன் பருக்கள் கணக்காய்

வரிசையாய் வரையற்று,

பார்வை யொன்றில்

பத்தொள்ளாயிரம் கணக்காய்

பரவச நடன மாடும்

பூக்கள்; பாக்கள்.


சிங்கார சிரிப்பினில்

சற்றே சிதறடிக்கின்றன

சிற்றலைகளின் சினுங்கள் நடனங்களை,

பசித்திரு பித்தன் எனக்கு

பூத்திரு மலர் தரு

பரவச நட்பு;களிப்பு.


பல நாட்களில்

புவி துறந்து

பிணக்கமற்ற தனிமையிலே,

உள்மனதில் மகிழ்வின்

ஊற்றாய் விரியும்

உன்னத மலர்களின் ஆட்சி

தீரா தனிமையின் தாகத்திற்கு

தேவாமிர்தம் தரும் காட்சி ;

மனம் கொள்ளும் மாட்சி,

அறியும் இறைவன் சாட்சி.

No comments: